2012/07/18

Simple Conversation


Having my son oceans away from me is hard as a mother and as a parent. Now I understand why my own mom is always worried about me being away from home. My son and I have to settle on phone conversation or maybe Skype during night time or on the weekend.
Last night, I was so proud of my son after hearing what my mom told me…at Lim Kit Kai mall in my home town Cagayan De Oro someone ask my son where his mother is and what he is doing in CDO, he simply replied: “my mommy is in Hong Kong working to earn money and I am here taking care of my Lola (Grandma – Lumen)”. Before I left my son under the care of my mother and sisters I told him to take care of himself, try not to get sick and take care of his Lola (grandma). All the while, I thought my son just said yes for the sake of it but to my surprise and everyone else’s he keeps on tailing wherever his grandma would go around the house and tell everyone that he is taking care of his grandma.
When I called him to say goodnight and remind him to do his night prayer, he cried telling me he missed me so much and ask me how he can be with me. It breaks my heart to hear that but I have to teach my son to be tough at a tender age. I tried to tell him to be strong as he is taking care of his grandma and we’ll be seeing each other pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment